Columbia Laboratories is dedicated to providing accurate data at the highest level of efficiency. We care what goes into our bodies and we want others to enjoy the reassurance our labs can provide.
At the forefront of analytical testing, we bring expertise to the table for producers, processors and consumers, using the most advanced technology in the industry.
Columbia Laboratories was officially established in 1996.
Although our founders began their journey in early 70’s to build a company that developed into one the Pacific North West’s premier labs through custom, commodity specific, groundbreaking method development.
In 2014, we joined forces with the Tentamus Group of worldwide laboratories, making us a powerhouse international lab service.
We service a large range of clients, from individual consumers to mid-sized agricultural producers to Fortune 500 companies. Plus, since we have USDA vegetation and soil import permits, we’re fully set-up to serve our overseas clients. With three primary categories: microbiology, nutrition, water, metals, and pesticide residue-related testing, we’ve really got you covered.
Tentamus Global Network – Labs for Life
Tentamus represents a group of companies based in Berlin, whose objective it is to unite laboratories that are leading in quality. This results in a comprehensive and broad range of services that allows for compatibility with a wide variety of customer demands and timely as well as expert execution.
As a company of Tentamus, Columbia Laboratories can offer you an even greater range of analyses from one single source.
Learn more about our partner laboratories at: tentamus.com.
Our labs boast the best equipment and technology, including:
- Multiple gas chromatographs (GCs)
- High pressure liquid chromatographs (HPLCs)
- HPLCs are equipped with DADs, FLD, single and triple quad MSDs, and a high resolution/accurate mass TOF-MS
- Detectors for the GCs include FID, ECD, FPD, PFPD, XSD, single and triple quad MSDs
- Real-time PCR system for pathogen determination
- Nitrogen analyzer for the measurement of protein
- Leica phase-contrast microscope
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 specifies the general requirements for the competence to carry out tests and/or calibrations, including sampling. It covers testing and calibration performed using standard methods, non-standard methods, and laboratory developed methods. Columbia Laboratories is ISO 17025:2005 accredited through ANAB.
- Oregon Environmental Laboratory Accreditations Program (ORELAP) – Certificate
- Oregon Environmental Laboratory Accreditations Program (ORELAP) – Fields of Accreditation
- Washington Department of Ecology – Certificate
- Washington Department of Ecology – Scope of Accreditation
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Testing ANAB Certificate and Scope of Accreditation
Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
Registered Laboratory # US20007
Our personnel maintain memberships in the following professional organizations:
- American Chemical Society
- American Herbal Products Association
- American Society for Mass Spectrometry
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Western Hemp Professionals
- AOAC International
- AOCS (American Oil Chemists Society)
- Institute of Food Technologists
- Northwest Food Processors Association
- Northwest Environmental Business Council – NEBC
- Oregon Cannabis Association
- Oregon Cannabis Retailers Association
- Oregon Environmental Laboratory Association (OELA)
In addition to internal quality control testing, Columbia Laboratories participates in inter-laboratory proficiency testing administered by the following organizations:
- AAFCO – Pet Food
- Bipea – Honey, Trace Elements
- FAPAS – Allergens, Antibiotics, Mycotoxins, Patulin, Pesticides
- LGC – Microbiology, Nutritional Analysis
- Phenova – Cannabis, Water
Our quality assurance policy is implemented and enforced through the unequivocal commitment of management, at all levels, to the Quality Assurance (QA) principles and practices outlined in our comprehensive quality assurance ethic programs. Our policy is to use good professional practices, to uphold the highest quality of service and to comply with the TNI and ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standards.
It is the objective of the QA program to assure that the data generated is traceable, technically competent and legally defensible. We are committed to consistently provide our customers with data of known and documented quality that meets their requirements.
The primary responsibility for quality rests with each individual within the lab. Every employee must ensure that the generation and reporting of quality analytical data is a fundamental priority. All employees are trained annually on ethical principles and procedures surrounding the integrity of the data generated. Columbia Food Labs also maintains a strict policy of client confidentiality.