We are proud to offer a comprehensive suite of quality and contaminants testing for food and beverage processors and manufacturers.
Nutrients & Quality Parameters such as:
- Total Fiber
- Omega 3, 6
- 9 Fatty Acids
- A, C , D, E in house;
- A‑K in network
Metals & Minerals
- More than 20 metals and minerals with commodity specific LOQs
- Arsenic Speciation
- Beta Glucans
Limit liability and traceability by monitoring inputs and environments with routine testing. We offer collection materials and guidance for HACCP compliance and cGMP testing requirements.
- Step One: Assess, Plan, Document HACCP Plan, cGMP, Food Safety
- Step Two: Contact Trusted Testing Partner for Collection Materials: Columbia Laboratories will send you what you need
- Step Three: Sample Collection; Refer to collection guidelines methods per the method
- Step Four: Return Samples to CL Consider Storage Conditions, Timing
- Step Five: Analysis Report & Review Documentation, Monitoring
Get your FDA Nutritional Facts Label testing in 10 business days. We offer FDA required testing for Food, Beverages and Animal Food with professional, efficient service for over 35 years.
Shelf-Life projects are highly specific to the type of product and to the scope of the project. Our team of experts understand this are available to assist you through the process. Typically, key safety and quality parameters must be assessed periodically throughout the expected shelf-life of the product, and occasionally beyond. This duration can range anywhere from several days to several years depending on the type of product and its formulation. We offer standard and accelerated testing options to help combat the length of the study; more on that later.
Know before you get started:
- Intervals for real-time studies are typically 3 months (for studies of 1 year or more), or 3 weeks for accelerated studies.
- We highly recommend submitting samples already in their final packaging. Packaging plays a large role in shelf stability.
- Columbia offers minimal Organoleptic testing as part of shelf-life studies.
- We can report whether the samples are “typical” compared to the client’s description, evaluating the color, texture, visual appearance (e.g. separation of layers, sediment, etc.), and odor.
- In network, we have access to full organoleptic testing, just ask if you need it!
Whether your concern is microbiological safety, product quality, or formulation improvement, our high standards of quality and emphasis on personalized service, will ensure that you receive accurate test results and the data you need to make informed and appropriate decisions for your business.